Asia-Pacific’s consumer industry saw a rise of 1.03% in deal activity during June 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Primavera Capital Group’s $2.2bn acquisition of Reckitt Benckiser Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 98 consumer industry deals worth $3.1bn were announced for the region in June 2021, against the 12-month average of 97 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in June 2021 with 61 transactions, representing a 62.2% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with 24 deals, followed by private equity deals with 13 transactions, respectively capturing a 24.5% and 13.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s consumer industry with $2.32bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $407.87m and $371.5m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 85.8% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $2.66bn, against the overall value of $3.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Primavera Capital Group’s $2.2bn private equity deal with Reckitt Benckiser Group
2) The $132.8m acquisition deal with Shanghai Jiulong Hotel by Beijing Jinhui Chuangling Technology
3) AustAsia Investment Holdings’ $123.4m acquisition of Falcon Dairy
4) The $107.55m acquisition of 71% stake in Xinhongye Foods by Fu Jian Anjoy Foods
5) Country Garden Venture Capital, Richu Capital and Suzhou Yuanyi Equity Investment Partnership’s venture financing of Baoshui Group for $93.74m.