Asia-Pacific’s consumer industry saw a rise of 1.03% in deal activity during June 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by Primavera Capital Group’s $2.2bn acquisition of Reckitt Benckiser Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 98 consumer industry deals worth $3.1bn were announced for the region in June 2021, against the 12-month average of 97 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in June 2021 with 61 transactions, representing a 62.2% share for the region.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
In second place was M&A with 24 deals, followed by private equity deals with 13 transactions, respectively capturing a 24.5% and 13.3% share of the overall deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of deals, private equity was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s consumer industry with $2.32bn, while M&A and venture financing deals totalled $407.87m and $371.5m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 85.8% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $2.66bn, against the overall value of $3.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Primavera Capital Group’s $2.2bn private equity deal with Reckitt Benckiser Group
2) The $132.8m acquisition deal with Shanghai Jiulong Hotel by Beijing Jinhui Chuangling Technology
3) AustAsia Investment Holdings’ $123.4m acquisition of Falcon Dairy
4) The $107.55m acquisition of 71% stake in Xinhongye Foods by Fu Jian Anjoy Foods
5) Country Garden Venture Capital, Richu Capital and Suzhou Yuanyi Equity Investment Partnership’s venture financing of Baoshui Group for $93.74m.