Asia-Pacific’s consumer industry saw a rise of 14.29% in cross border deal activity during July 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by BA Capital Partners, Coatue Management, He Boquan, Hillhouse Capital Group, IDG Capital, Longzhu Capital , Sequoia China Investment Management and Tencent Industry Fund’s $500m venture financing of Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 consumer industry cross border deals worth $1.1bn were announced for the region in July 2021, against the 12-month average of 21 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in July 2021 with 18 transactions, representing a 75% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with four deals, followed by private equity deals with two transactions, respectively capturing a 16.7% and 8.3% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, venture financing was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s consumer industry with $905.65m, while M&A and private equity deals totalled $128.29m and $87m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry cross border deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer cross border deals accounted for 74.9% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border deals stood at $839.64m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management $500m venture financing deal with BA Capital Partners,Coatue Management,He Boquan,Hillhouse Capital Group,IDG Capital,Longzhu Capital ,Sequoia China Investment Management and Tencent Industry Fund
2) The $100m venture financing of Neiwai by Qiming Venture Capital,The Carlyle Group and Vertex Ventures China
3) KakaoVX $87m private equity deal with One Asia Investment Partners
4) The $72.64m acquisition of Kaohsiung OptoElectronics by Wise Cap Limited
5) TurtleTree Labs $80m venture financing deal with Verso Capital Partners