Asia-Pacific’s consumer industry saw a rise of 9.09% in cross border deal activity during August 2021, when compared with the last 12-month average, led by JBS’s $402m acquisition of Huon Aquaculture Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
A total of 24 consumer industry cross border deals worth $1bn were announced for the region in August 2021, against the 12-month average of 22 deals.
Of all the deal types, venture financing saw most activity in August 2021 with 16 transactions, representing a 66.7% share for the region.
In second place was M&A with seven deals, followed by private equity deals with one transactions, respectively capturing a 29.2% and 4.2% share of the overall cross border deal activity for the month.
In terms of value of cross border deals, M&A was the leading category in Asia-Pacific’s consumer industry with $735.28m, while venture financing and private equity deals totalled $283.91m and $0m, respectively.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry cross border deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer cross border deals accounted for 84.5% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border deals stood at $860.66m, against the overall value of $1bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) JBS $402m acquisition deal with Huon Aquaculture Group
2) The $252.28m acquisition of 57.1% stake in Coca-Cola Bottlers Uzbekistan by CCI International Holland
3) Bastian Lehmann,Biz Stone,Harry Stebbings,Indus Valley Capital,Jeffrey Katzenberg,Josh Buckley,Quiet Capital,Sam Altman,Simon Borrero,Stanley Tang,Steve Pagliuca and Taavet Hinrikus $85m venture financing deal with Airlift Technologies
4) The $68.11m acquisition of Golden Throat Holdings Group Limited by Aureli Investments
5) ABC World Asia,Astanor Ventures,CSIRO Financial Services and Huaxing Growth Capital $53.27m venture financing deal with V2 Food