Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $12.7bn were announced globally for November 2021, with the $5.1bn private equity deal with Ekaterra being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 13.2% over the previous month of $14.65bn and a rise of 15.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $11.01bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a flat growth with 102 deals in November 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 102 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $7.46bn in November 2021.
consumer industry cross border deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 78.9% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $10.04bn, against the overall value of $12.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CVC Capital Partners Fund VIII $5.1bn private equity deal with Ekaterra
2) The $2.52bn acquisition of Distell Group Holdings by Heineken
3) Sun Communities $1.3bn acquisition deal with Park Holidays
4) The $575m venture financing of Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment – US by Bain Capital and MBK Partners
5) Flutter Entertainment $540.89m acquisition deal with Tombola