Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $13.32bn were announced globally for March 2021, with the $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 6.8% over the previous month of $12.47bn and a rise of 109.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.35bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 37.97% with 109 deals in March 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 79 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $7.26bn in March 2021.
Consumer industry cross border deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 88.8% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $11.83bn, against the overall value of $13.32bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts
2) The $4.38bn private equity deal with Philips Domestic Appliances Holding by Hillhouse Capital Group
3) Blackstone Group Holdings’ $550.2m private equity deal with Kintetsu Group Holdings
4) The $400.61m asset transaction deal of Compass Minerals America Do Sul Industria E Comercio by ICL Group
5) CMB International Securities and Tiantu Investments’ venture financing deal with Guoquan Shihui for $300m.