Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $13.32bn were announced globally for March 2021, with the $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 6.8% over the previous month of $12.47bn and a rise of 109.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $6.35bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 37.97% with 109 deals in March 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 79 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $7.26bn in March 2021.
Consumer industry cross border deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 88.8% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $11.83bn, against the overall value of $13.32bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts
2) The $4.38bn private equity deal with Philips Domestic Appliances Holding by Hillhouse Capital Group
3) Blackstone Group Holdings’ $550.2m private equity deal with Kintetsu Group Holdings
4) The $400.61m asset transaction deal of Compass Minerals America Do Sul Industria E Comercio by ICL Group
5) CMB International Securities and Tiantu Investments’ venture financing deal with Guoquan Shihui for $300m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.