Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $29.4bn were announced globally for September 2021, with the $21.55bn acquisition of Entain being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 295.7% over the previous month of $7.42bn and a rise of 214.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $9.33bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 8.57% with 96 deals in September 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 105 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $22.06bn in September 2021.
consumer industry cross border deals in September 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 91.01% of the overall value during September 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $26.72bn, against the overall value of $29.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of September 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) DraftKings $21.55bn acquisition deal with Entain
2) The $2.21bn private equity deal for 23.75% stake in Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts by Cascade Investment
3) FountainVest Partners $1.05bn private equity deal with Ziwi Pets
4) The $1bn private equity of Florida Food Products by Ardian
5) Domestic Group $900m acquisition deal with Igloo Products