Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $3.8bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $1.3bn private equity deal with Prince Hotels being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 19.4% over the previous month of $3.19bn and a drop of 67.5% when compared with the last 12-month average of $11.72bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 13.21% with 92 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 106 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with cross border deals worth $2.32bn in February 2022.
consumer industry cross border deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 82.7% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $3.15bn, against the overall value of $3.8bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Reco Pine $1.3bn private equity deal with Prince Hotels
2) The $1bn acquisition of 40% stake in China Resources C’estbon Beverage (China) by Plateau Consumer
3) Allwyn Entertainment $372.2m acquisition deal with OPAP
4) The $248.67m acquisition of Shafer Vineyards by Shinsegae Property
5) Emart America $228.25m acquisition deal with SHINSEGAE FOOD