Total Consumer industry cross border deals worth $3.9bn were announced globally for April 2022, with the Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition of S.A. de and Ricolino being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 44.8% over the previous month of $7.01bn and a drop of 65.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $11.11bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 34.29% with 69 deals in April 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 105 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $2.25bn in April 2022.
Consumer industry cross border deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 81.2% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $3.14bn, against the overall value of $3.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry cross border deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Mondelez International $1.3bn acquisition deal with S.A. de and Ricolino
2) The $1.1bn private equity of Irca by Advent International
3) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG), Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
4) The $176m acquisition of Fortress State International by TKTR Investment
5) Olam Food Ingredients $161.7m acquisition deal with Club Coffee