The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts was the consumer industry’s biggest cross border deal of Q1 2021 as cross border deals worth $35.37bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 27.3% over the previous quarter and a rise of 93.7% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $18.26bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 25.55% with 301 deals in Q1 2021 against the average of 239.75 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $13.3bn.
consumer industry cross border deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border deals accounted for 65% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $22.98bn, against the overall value of $35.37bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deals with Crown Resorts
2) The $4.8bn private equity with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG by Financiere Agache and L Catterton
3) Hillhouse Capital Group’s $4.38bn private equity deal with Philips Domestic Appliances Holding
4) The $4.3bn private equity deal with Nestle Waters North America by Metropoulos and One Rock Capital Partners
5) AB Electrolux’s acquisition of GE Appliances for $3.3bn.