Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $4.7bn were announced globally for July 2021, with the $850m private equity deal with S.A. de, Almidones Mexicanos and DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio ProductsLLC being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 12.3% over the previous month of $4.15bn and a drop of 48.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.99bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a rise of 13.79% with 99 deals in July 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 87 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with cross border deals worth $2.44bn in July 2021.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
consumer industry cross border deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 66.7% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $3.11bn, against the overall value of $4.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) S.A. de,Almidones Mexicanos and DuPont Tate & Lyle Bio ProductsLLC $850m private equity deal with KPS Capital Partners
2) The $647m private equity of Ebro Foods by CVC Capital Partners (Luxembourg)
3) Etro $590.21m private equity deal for 60% stake with L Catterton Management
4) The $500m venture financing of Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management by BA Capital Partners,Coatue Management,He Boquan,Hillhouse Capital Group,IDG Capital,Longzhu Capital ,Sequoia China Investment Management and Tencent Industry Fund
5) Selenta Hospitality Group $519.99m private equity deal with Brookfield Asset Management