Total consumer industry cross border deals worth $5.9bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $3.3bn private equity deal with PepsiCo being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 26.9% over the previous month of $4.65bn and a drop of 31.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $8.56bn.
In terms of number of cross border deals, the sector saw a drop of 12.22% with 79 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 90 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with cross border deals worth $3.79bn in August 2021.
consumer industry cross border deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border deals accounted for 80.7% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border deals stood at $4.79bn, against the overall value of $5.9bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) PAI Partners $3.3bn private equity deal with PepsiCo
2) The $427m acquisition of 94.7% stake in The Coca-Cola Bottling of Egypt by Coca-Cola HBC Holdings
3) Wolverine World Wide $410m acquisition deal with Lady of Leisure Holdings
4) The $402m acquisition of Huon Aquaculture Group by JBS
5) The $252.28m acquisition of 57.1% stake in the Coca-Cola Bottlers Uzbekistan by CCI International Holland