Total consumer industry cross border M&A deals worth $900.8m were announced globally in March 2022, led by John Textor’s $258.79m acquisition of Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas., according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 58.9% over the previous month of $2.19bn and a drop of 84.9% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $5.95bn.
Comparing cross border M&A deals value in different regions of the globe, South and Central America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $413.1m. At the country level, the Brazil topped the list in terms of deal value at $258.79m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border M&A deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of cross border M&A deals activity in March 2022 was the US with six deals, followed by the France with three and Germany with three.
In 2022, as of March, consumer cross border M&A deals worth $4.8bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 45.7% year on year.
consumer industry cross border M&A deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five cross border M&A deals accounted for 92.5% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border M&A deals stood at $833.02m, against the overall value of $900.8m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border M&A deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) John Textor $258.79m acquisition deal with Botafogo de Futebol e Regatas.
2) The $237m acquisition of Quantum Hi-Tech (China) Biological by Tate & Lyle
3) China Youran Dairy Group $154.31m acquisition deal for 27.2% stake in Wholesome Harvest
4) The $138.38m acquisition of Eureka Forbes by AI Global Investments (Cyprus) PCC,AI Pure (Cayman),Lunolux and Lunolux Midco
5) HomeToGo $44.54m acquisition deal with E-Domizil