Total consumer industry cross border private equity deals worth $10.78bn were announced in Europe in Q1 2021, with Financiere Agache and L Catterton’s $4.8bn deal for majority stake with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 1237.2% over the previous quarter and a rise of 302.2% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $2.68bn.
Europe held a 45.28% share of the global consumer industry cross border private equity deal value that totalled $23.81bn in Q1 2021. With a 20.16% share and deals worth $4.8bn, Germany was the top country in Europe’s cross border private equity deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of deal activity, Europe recorded 21 cross border deals during Q1 2021, marking a decrease of 30.00% over the previous quarter and a drop of 6.67% over the last four-quarter average. The UK recorded seven deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Europe consumer industry cross border private equity deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border private equity deals accounted for 100% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five cross border private equity deals stood at $10.78bn, against the overall value of $10.78bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer industry cross border deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Financiere Agache and L Catterton’s $4.8bn private equity deal for majority stake with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG
2) The $4.38bn private equity deal with Philips Domestic Appliances Holding by Hillhouse Capital Group
3) The Blackstone Group’s $1.23bn private equity deal with Bourne Leisure
4) The $220.5m private equity deal for two student accommodation assets by Ares Real Estate Group and Generation Partners
5) BPI France, Certares Management, Credit Mutuel Equity and Nov Tourisme’s private equity deal with Voyageurs du Monde for $154.42m.