The $200m venture financing of Dishangtie Car Rental (Shenzhen) was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally in January 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 448.5% over the previous month of $242.5m and a rise of 31.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.01bn.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $572.72m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $448.56m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in January 2022 was the US with 12 deals, followed by the India with nine and China with four.
In 2022, as of January, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $1.33bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 121.1% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 59.6% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $790m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) INGKA Group $200m venture financing deal with Dishangtie Car Rental (Shenzhen)
2) The $200m venture financing of Beijing Huamei Lexiang Technology by BA Capital Partners,Eastern Bell Capital,General Atlantic,Hillhouse Capital Group,N5 Capital,Ocean Link and QY Capital
3) Hanaco Ventures Capital and Synthesis Capital $135m venture financing deal with Redefine Meat
4) The $130m venture financing of Oddity by Fidelity Management & Research,First Light Capital,Franklin Templeton Investments and Thomas Tal
5) DCVC Bio,Mirabaud Lifestyle Impact and Innovation fund (MLII),Novo Holdings,Prime Movers Lab and SK Networks $125m venture financing deal with Mycoworks
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.