The $500m venture financing of Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally in July 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 11% over the previous month of $1.46bn and a rise of 154.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $511m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $905.65m. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $650m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in July 2021 was the India with 11 deals, followed by the US with six and the UK with five.
In 2021, as of July, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $5.83bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 260.9% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 66.6% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $865m, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Shenzhen Meixixi Catering Management $500m venture financing deal with BA Capital Partners,Coatue Management,He Boquan,Hillhouse Capital Group,IDG Capital,Longzhu Capital ,Sequoia China Investment Management and Tencent Industry Fund
2) The $105m venture financing of Aleph Farms by BRF,Cargill,CJ CheilJedang,CPT Capital,DistruptAD,Growth Fund,Peregrine Ventures,Skyviews Life Science,Strauss Group,Thai Union Group and VisVires New Protein
3) Neiwai $100m venture financing deal with Qiming Venture Capital,The Carlyle Group and Vertex Ventures China
4) The $80m venture financing of TurtleTree Labs by Verso Capital Partners
5) Glossier $80m venture financing deal with Forerunner Ventures,Index Ventures,IVP,Lone Pine Capital,Sequoia Capital and Thrive Capital
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.