Led by $350m venture financing of Nature’s Fynd, total consumer industry cross border venture financing deals worth $1.6bn were announced in North America in Q3 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 133.5% over the previous quarter and a rise of 149.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $656.46m.
North America held a 42.82% share of the global consumer industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $3.83bn in Q3 2021. With a 42.56% share and deals worth $1.63bn, the US was the top country in North America’s cross border venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of deal activity, North America recorded 42 cross border deals during Q3 2021, marking an increase of 20.00% over the previous quarter and a rise of 52.73% over the last four-quarter average. The US recorded 39 deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
North America consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in Q3 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals accounted for 66.3% of the overall value during Q3 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $1.09bn, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer cross border deals of Q3 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Balyasny Asset Management,Blackstone Strategic Partners,Export Development Bank of Iran,Hillhouse Investment,Hongkou Capital,SK and SoftBank Vision Fund 2 $350m venture financing deal with Nature’s Fynd
2) The $350m venture financing of Perfect Day by Canada Pension Plan Investment Board,Robert Allen Iger and Temasek Investments
3) Justin Timberlake and Lizzo $200m venture financing deal with Hydrow
4) The $106m venture financing of Kitu Life by 7-Eleven,Dave Burwick,Dave Peacock,Doss Cunningham,Durable Capital Partners and LivWell Ventures
5) Brookfield Asset Management,Dean Adler,Egon Durban ,Greg Mondre,Reef Technology and TriArtisan Capital Advisors $80m venture financing deal with Creating Culinary Communities (C3)