The $67.12m venture financing of Waterdrop Microdrink was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $256.4m were announced globally in February 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 80.9% over the previous month of $1.34bn and a drop of 76.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.08bn.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $161.67m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $72.44m.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in February 2022 was the US with 11 deals, followed by the Germany with three and India with three.
In 2022, as of February, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $1.59bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 91.5% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 71.9% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $184.29m, against the overall value of $256.4m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Bitburger Ventures,Founders Future and Temasek Holdings (Private) $67.12m venture financing deal with Waterdrop Microdrink
2) The $57.17m venture financing of Protix Biosystems by Aqua-Spark,BNP Paribas,European Circular Bioeconomy Fund,Invest-NL,Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation and Rabo Investments
3) Dazzle Fashion,M31 Capital,QY Capital and Sequoia China Investment Management $40m venture financing deal with Starter
4) The $10m venture financing of Dine In Taste by EQT Ventures,Foodlabs,Roger Hassan and Shio Capital
5) Circleup Growth Partners,Convivialite Ventures,Francisco Crespo,Gold House Ventures,Hyphen Capital,Kaya Ventures,Mana Ventures,Outbound Ventures,Semillero Partners and Simu Liu $10m venture financing deal with Gantry Brands
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.