The $60m venture financing of Virtuo Technologies was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $320.4m were announced globally in May 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 79.1% over the previous month of $1.53bn and a drop of 29% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $451.15m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $182.95m. At the country level, the UK topped the list in terms of deal value at $90m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in May 2021 was the China with five deals, followed by the UK with five and the US with three.
In 2021, as of May, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $3.69bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 230.8% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 65.05% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $208.39m, against the overall value of $320.4m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Alpha Intelligence Capital, AXA Venture Partners, Balderton Capital, Bpifrance Large Venture, Holding Italiana Quattordicesima, Iris Capital and Raise Ventures’ $60m venture financing of Virtuo Technologies
2) The $43.34m venture financing of Roppen Transportation Services by Amarjit Singh Batra, Everblue Bangladesh, Konark Trust, MMPL Trust, Motherson Lease Solutions, Nexus Partners, Pawan Munjal, QED Innovation Labs and Westbridge Capital
3) D1 Capital Partners, Drake Management, Maveron and Palm Tree Crew Investments’ $40m venture financing of Daring Foods
4) The $34m venture financing of smol by Balderton Capital (UK), Eight Roads Ventures, GV Management Co, JamJar Investments and Latitude (UK)
5) H Capital – US, Tiantu Investments, Wanwu Capital and Yuansheng Capital’s venture financing of Zhong Xuegao Foods (Shanghai) for $31.05m.