The $106m venture financing of Kitu Life was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $548.5m were announced globally in August 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 57.5% over the previous month of $1.29bn and a drop of 7.5% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $592.77m.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $283.91m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $173.7m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in August 2021 was the US with eight deals, followed by the India with five and China with four.
In 2021, as of August, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $6.38bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 259.6% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 64% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $351.05m, against the overall value of $548.5m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) 7-Eleven,Dave Burwick,Dave Peacock,Doss Cunningham,Durable Capital Partners and LivWell Ventures $106m venture financing deal with Kitu Life
2) The $85m venture financing of Airlift Technologies by Bastian Lehmann,Biz Stone,Harry Stebbings,Indus Valley Capital,Jeffrey Katzenberg,Josh Buckley,Quiet Capital,Sam Altman,Simon Borrero,Stanley Tang,Steve Pagliuca and Taavet Hinrikus
3) Five Seasons Ventures,Passion Capital and White Star Capital $54.78m venture financing deal with Dogmates
4) The $53m venture financing of V2 Food by ABC World Asia,Astanor Ventures,CSIRO Financial Services and Huaxing Growth Capital
5) CPT Capital,Cult Capital,Obvious Ventures,PowerPlant Partners and Stray Dog Capital $52m venture financing deal with Miyoko’s Kitchen