Total consumer industry cross border venture financing deals worth $570.7m were announced in Asia-Pacific in November 2021, led by $200m venture financing of Beijing Yuanqi Forest Beverage, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 754.3% over the previous month of $66.8m and a rise of 74.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $327.84m.
Asia-Pacific held a 31.71% share of the global consumer industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $1.8bn in November 2021. With a 14.05% share and deals worth $252.93m, India was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s cross border venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of cross border venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 20 deals during November 2021, marking an increase of 122.22% over the previous month and a rise of 33.33% over the 12-month average. India recorded six deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 84.8% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $483.81m, against the overall value of $570.7m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Sequoia China Fund,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Warburg Pincus $200m venture financing deal with Beijing Yuanqi Forest Beverage
2) The $135m venture financing of Mensa Brand Technologies by Accel,Alpha Wave Ventures,Falcon Edge Capital,Naspers Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners and Tiger Global Management
3) SternAegis Ventures $92m venture financing deal with Zoomcar India
4) The $30m venture financing of TurtleTree Labs by Verso Capital Partners
5) D Squared Capital Management,DLF Venture,Maropost Ventures,Morgan Creek Capital Management and VRD $26.81m venture financing deal with Lyre’s Spirit