Total consumer industry cross border venture financing deals worth $570.7m were announced in Asia-Pacific in November 2021, led by $200m venture financing of Beijing Yuanqi Forest Beverage, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 754.3% over the previous month of $66.8m and a rise of 74.1% when compared with the last 12-month average of $327.84m.
Asia-Pacific held a 31.71% share of the global consumer industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $1.8bn in November 2021. With a 14.05% share and deals worth $252.93m, India was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s cross border venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of cross border venture financing deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 20 deals during November 2021, marking an increase of 122.22% over the previous month and a rise of 33.33% over the 12-month average. India recorded six deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in November 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 84.8% of the overall value during November 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $483.81m, against the overall value of $570.7m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of November 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Sequoia China Fund,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Warburg Pincus $200m venture financing deal with Beijing Yuanqi Forest Beverage
2) The $135m venture financing of Mensa Brand Technologies by Accel,Alpha Wave Ventures,Falcon Edge Capital,Naspers Ventures,Norwest Venture Partners and Tiger Global Management
3) SternAegis Ventures $92m venture financing deal with Zoomcar India
4) The $30m venture financing of TurtleTree Labs by Verso Capital Partners
5) D Squared Capital Management,DLF Venture,Maropost Ventures,Morgan Creek Capital Management and VRD $26.81m venture financing deal with Lyre’s Spirit
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.