The $400m venture financing of Upside Foods was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $606.1m were announced globally in April 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 6.7% over the previous month of $649.25m and a drop of 41.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.03bn.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $559.68m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $444.1m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in April 2022 was the US with seven deals, followed by the Canada with four and China with two.
In 2022, as of April, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $2.85bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 6.8% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 94.3% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $571.74m, against the overall value of $606.1m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG),Baillie Gifford UK Growth Trust,Bill Gates,Cargill,Cercano Management,Christiana Musk,CPT Capital,Givaudan,IndieBio,John Doerr,Kimbal Musk,Norwest Venture Partners,SALT Fund,SoftBank Vision Fund 2,Synthesis Capital,Temasek Holdings (Private) and Tyson Foods $400m venture financing deal with Upside Foods
2) The $101m venture financing of Sheerly Genius by H & M Hennes & Mauritz
3) Beechwood Capital,Beyonce,Goat Rodeo Capital,Melitas Ventures,NNS Holding and Trousdale Ventures $31m venture financing deal with Lemon Perfect
4) The $29.01m venture financing of Umiami by Astanor Ventures,French Partners,French Tech Seed,Newfund Capital,Redalpine Venture Partners and Verso Capital
5) DG Ventures,MPower Partners Fund L.P,Strive,Unicharm and XTech $10.73m venture financing deal with Rabo