The $194.5m venture financing of TIMS China was the consumer industry’s top cross border venture financing deal as total deals worth $643.3m were announced globally in March 2022, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 149.5% over the previous month of $257.84m and a drop of 41% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.09bn.
Comparing cross border venture financing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $290.75m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $290.75m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry cross border venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of cross border venture financing deals activity in March 2022 was the US with 11 deals, followed by the China with four and India with four.
In 2022, as of March, consumer cross border venture financing deals worth $2.24bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 5.02% year on year.
consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals accounted for 70.8% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $455.5m, against the overall value of $643.3m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry cross border venture financing deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Descartes Capital Group,Restaurant Brands International and Silvercrest Asset Management Group $194.5m venture financing deal with TIMS China
2) The $90m venture financing of WhyHotel by Bernstein Management,Davidson Kempner Capital Management,Gaw Capital Partners ,Geolo Capital,JBG SMITH Properties and Suffolk Technologies
3) Alphacy Investment,Bunge Ventures,Continental Grain(CGC),Evolution VC Partners,Gaingels,Maple Leaf Foods,Nourish Ventures,Oman Investment Authority,Rage Capital,S2G Ventures,Siddhi Capital and Tyson Ventures $85m venture financing deal with MycoTechnology
4) The $52m venture financing of Once Upon A Farm by Beechwood Ventures,Cambridge Capital Group,CAVU Venture Partners and S2G Ventures
5) At One Ventures,Dainichi,Draper Associates,Gaingels,Hanwha Solutions,Humboldt,Justin Kan,Olive Tree Capital,SOSV Investments and Sustainable Ocean Alliance $34m venture financing deal with Finless Foods
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed cross border deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.