Led by $300m venture financing of Fiture, total consumer industry cross border venture financing deals worth $730.5m were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q2 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 3.7% over the previous quarter and a rise of 118.6% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $334.16m.
Asia-Pacific held a 27.46% share of the global consumer industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $2.66bn in Q2 2021. With a 13.89% share and deals worth $369.47m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s cross border venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 34 cross border deals during Q2 2021, marking an increase of 9.68% over the previous quarter and a rise of 36.00% over the last four-quarter average. India recorded 12 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in Q2 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals accounted for 89.2% of the overall value during Q2 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $651.29m, against the overall value of $730.5m recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer cross border deals of Q2 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) All-Stars Investment, BAI Capital, Black Ant Capital, C Capital, Coatue Management, CPEChina Fund, DST Global, Jinshajiang Venture Capital, Legend Capital, Sequoia Capital China, Tencent Holdings, Weilai Capital and Z1 Capital’s $300m venture financing of Fiture
2) The $176.9m venture financing of Cityneon by Doha Venture Capital, EDBI, Pavilion Capital, Ron Tan and Seatown Holdings International
3) Alpha Wave Investors, Falcon Edge Capital, Matrix Partners India, Moraine Master, Redwood Trust, SCI Investments V and Sequoia Capital’s $100m venture financing of Stanza Living
4) The $43.34m venture financing of Roppen Transportation Services by Amarjit Singh Batra, Everblue Bangladesh, Konark Trust, MMPL Trust, Motherson Lease Solutions, Nexus Partners, Pawan Munjal, QED Innovation Labs and Westbridge Capital
5) H Capital – US, Tiantu Investments, Wanwu Capital and Yuansheng Capital’s venture financing of Zhong Xuegao Foods (Shanghai) for $31.05m.