Led by $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui, total consumer industry cross border venture financing deals worth $758.75m were announced in Asia-Pacific in Q1 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 339.1% over the previous quarter and a rise of 295.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $191.72m.
Asia-Pacific held a 41.24% share of the global consumer industry cross border venture financing deal value that totalled $1.84bn in Q1 2021. With a 20.61% share and deals worth $379.21m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s cross border venture financing deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 31 cross border deals during Q1 2021, marking an increase of 29.17% over the previous quarter and a rise of 36.26% over the last four-quarter average. India recorded ten deals during the month.
How well do you really know your competitors?
Access the most comprehensive Company Profiles on the market, powered by GlobalData. Save hours of research. Gain competitive edge.
Your download email will arrive shortly
Not ready to buy yet? Download a free sample
We are confident about the unique quality of our Company Profiles. However, we want you to make the most beneficial decision for your business, so we offer a free sample that you can download by submitting the below formBy GlobalData
Asia-Pacific consumer industry cross border venture financing deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five cross border venture financing deals accounted for 90.8% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer cross border venture financing deals stood at $688.9m, against the overall value of $758.75m recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer cross border deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) CMB International Securities and Tiantu Investments’ $300m venture financing of Guoquan Shihui
2) The $200m venture financing of Klook Travel Technology by Aspex Management, Boyu Capital Consultancy, Matrix Partners China, Sequoia Capital China and SoftBank Vision Fund 1
3) Warburg Pincus’ $100m venture financing of Imagine Marketing
4) The $76.9m venture financing of WOW COLOUR by IDG Capital, innovative workshops, Oak Capital Management, Ruixiang Capital Management and Zhejiang Private Enterprise Joint Investment
5) Eight Roads Ventures India, F-Prime and Matrix Partners India’s venture financing of Oziva for $12m.