Total consumer industry deals for April 2020 worth $9.17bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 86.4% over the previous month and a drop of 71.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $32.32bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 39.1% over the last 12-month average with 308 deals against the average of 506 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $3.56bn.
Consumer industry deals in April 2020: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 53.7% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $4.93bn, against the overall value of $9.17bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Allied Cigar Corporation, S.L and Gemstone Investment Holding’s $1.33bn asset transaction with Imperial Brands
2) The $1.2bn private equity deal with Expedia Group by Apollo Global Management and Silver Lake Partners
3) Silver Lake Management and TPG Sixth Street Partners’ $1bn private equity deal with Airbnb
4) The $1bn venture financing of Qingju by Legend Capital
5) Broadscale Group, Ervington Investments- Cyprus, Exor International, 83North Venture Capital, Hearst Ventures, Macquarie Capital (Europe), Mori Trust, Pitango Growth, Planven Investments, RiverPark Ventures and Shell Ventures’ venture financing of Via Transportation for $400m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.