Total consumer industry deals for Q4 2019 worth $109.97bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 58.9% over the previous quarter and a rise of 44.5% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $76.21bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 4.3% over the last four-quarter average with 1448 deals against the average of 1513 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $78.78bn.
Consumer industry deals in Q4 2019: Top deals
The top five consumer deals accounted for 53.1% of the overall value during Q4 2019.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $58.4bn, against the overall value of $109.97bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q4 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) ‘s $26.2bn merger of DuPont Nutrition Biosciences and International Flavors & Fragrances
2) The $16.29bn acquisition of Tiffany & by LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
3) ‘s $6bn merger of The Stars Group and Flutter Entertainment
4) The $5.66bn private equity deal with Gree Electric Appliancesof Zhuhai by Zhuhai Mingjun Investment Partnership
5) Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust’s asset transaction with MGM Resorts International for $4.25bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.