Total consumer industry deals worth $13.4bn were announced globally for February 2022, with the $6.25bn private equity deal with The Palazzo at The Venetian Resort being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 63.8% over the previous month of $8.15bn and a drop of 36.6% when compared with the last 12-month average of $21.04bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 11.98% with 338 deals in February 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 384 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $9.49bn in February 2022.
consumer industry deals in February 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 70.9% of the overall value during February 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $9.46bn, against the overall value of $13.4bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of February 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Apollo Global Management and VICI Properties $6.25bn private equity deal with The Palazzo at The Venetian Resort
2) The $1.3bn private equity of Prince Hotels by Reco Pine
3) Plateau Consumer $1bn acquisition deal with China Resources C’estbon Beverage (China)
4) The $500m venture financing of AvantStay by Saluda Grade
5) Verano $413m acquisition deal with Goodness Growth