Total consumer industry deals worth $15.49bn were announced globally for February 2021, with the $4.8bn private equity deal with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 0.7% over the previous month of $15.39bn and a rise of 20.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $12.89bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 17.77% with 273 deals in February 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 332 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $6.19bn in February 2021.
Consumer industry deals in February 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 73.1% of the overall value during February 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $11.32bn, against the overall value of $15.49bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of February 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Financiere Agache and L Catterton’s $4.8bn private equity deal with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG
2) The $3.35bn asset transaction with Kraft Heinz by Hormel Foods
3) CVC Capital Partners Asia Fund V’s $1.5bn private equity deal with Shiseido
4) The $1bn acquisition deal of DECIEM by The Estee Lauder Companies
5) Raizen Energia’s acquisition deal with Biosev for $670.1m.