Total consumer industry deals worth $20.2bn were announced globally for August 2021, with the $4.53bn acquisition of Sanderson Farms being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 73.5% over the previous month of $11.62bn and a rise of 34.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $15.01bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 0.29% with 339 deals in August 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 340 deals.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $15.42bn in August 2021.
consumer industry deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 70.1% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $14.13bn, against the overall value of $20.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Cargill and Continental Grain $4.53bn acquisition deal with Sanderson Farms
2) The $3.3bn private equity of PepsiCo by PAI Partners
3) Hyatt Hotels $2.7bn acquisition deal with Apple Leisure Group
4) The $2.5bn acquisition of Reebok International by Authentic Brands Group
5) CVC Advisers $1.1bn private equity deal with Stock Spirits Group