Total Consumer industry deals worth $25.2bn were announced globally for May 2022, with the Philip Morris International $17.33bn acquisition of Swedish Match being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 269.4% over the previous month of $6.82bn and a rise of 42.7% when compared with the last 12-month average of $17.65bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 29.95% with 269 deals in May 2022 when compared to the last 12-month average of 384 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $18.85bn in May 2022.
Consumer industry deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 87.9% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $22.13bn, against the overall value of $25.2bn recorded for the month.
The top five Consumer industry deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Philip Morris International $17.33bn acquisition deal with Swedish Match
2) The $3.29bn private equity of Covetrus by Dubilier & Rice,Clayton and TPG
3) L’Oreal and Puig $1bn acquisition deal with Byredo
4) The $263m private equity of Funko by Bob Iger,eBay,Rich Paul and The Chernin Group
5) Hanaco Ventures Capital and Synthesis Capital $250m venture financing deal with Redefine Meat