The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts was the consumer industry’s biggest deal of Q1 2021 as deals worth $60.68bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 25.8% over the previous quarter and a rise of 59.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $38.09bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 10.26% with 1107 deals in Q1 2021 against the average of 1004.00 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $31.08bn.
consumer industry deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry deals accounted for 42.3% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $25.68bn, against the overall value of $60.68bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deals with Crown Resorts
2) The $6bn private equity with Extended Stay America by Blackstone Capital Partners and Starwood Capital Group
3) Financiere Agache and L Catterton’s $4.8bn private equity deal with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG
4) The $4.38bn private equity deal with Philips Domestic Appliances Holding by Hillhouse Capital Group
5) Metropoulos and One Rock Capital Partners’ private equity with Nestle Waters North America for $4.3bn.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.