The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts was the consumer industry’s biggest deal of Q1 2021 as deals worth $60.68bn were announced globally in the quarter, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 25.8% over the previous quarter and a rise of 59.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $38.09bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 10.26% with 1107 deals in Q1 2021 against the average of 1004.00 deals in the last four-quarters.
In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth $31.08bn.
consumer industry deals in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry deals accounted for 42.3% of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $25.68bn, against the overall value of $60.68bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deals with Crown Resorts
2) The $6bn private equity with Extended Stay America by Blackstone Capital Partners and Starwood Capital Group
3) Financiere Agache and L Catterton’s $4.8bn private equity deal with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG
4) The $4.38bn private equity deal with Philips Domestic Appliances Holding by Hillhouse Capital Group
5) Metropoulos and One Rock Capital Partners’ private equity with Nestle Waters North America for $4.3bn.