Total consumer industry deals worth $8.01bn were announced globally for June 2021, with the $2.2bn private equity deal for 92% stake with Reckitt Benckiser Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 40.8% over the previous month of $13.54bn and a drop of 46.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $14.88bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a rise of 11.67% with 354 deals in June 2021 when compared to the last 12-month average of 317 deals.
In value terms, Europe led the activity with deals worth $3.54bn in June 2021.
Consumer industry deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five deals accounted for 55% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five deals stood at $4.4bn, against the overall value of $8.01bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Primavera Capital Group’s $2.2bn private equity deal for 92% stake with Reckitt Benckiser Group
2) The $1.05bn acquisition of Navico Holding by Brunswick
3) Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, Canyon Partners, General Atlantic, HV Capital Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $650m venture financing of FlixMobility
4) The $276m private equity deal of Sharps Bedrooms by Epiris Fund II
5) Alpha Impact Investment Management Partners, BlackRock Investments, Breakthrough Energy Ventures, CPT Capital, General Atlantic, Louis DreyfusLLC, Rage Capital, Rellevant Partners, Rethink Food NYC, Teachers Innovation Platform, Viking Global Investors and Wittington Ventures’ venture financing deal with Motif FoodWorks for $226m.