Total consumer industry M&A deals worth $1.1bn were announced in North America in May 2021, led by THG’s $255m acquisition of Bentley Laboratories, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 91.5% over the previous month of $13.36bn and a drop of 65.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.3bn.
North America held a 15.63% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $7.23bn in May 2021. With a 7.85% share and deals worth $567.22m, the US was the top country in North America’s M&A deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, North America recorded 45 deals during May 2021, marking a decrease of 19.64% over the previous month and a rise of 2.27% over the 12-month average. The US recorded 40 deals during the month.
North America consumer industry M&A deals in May 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 46.6% of the overall value during May 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $525.53m, against the overall value of $1.1bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry M&A deals of May 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) THG’s $255m acquisition of Bentley Laboratories
2) The $155.03m acquisition of Bute Island Foods and Wisconsin Specialty Protein by Saputo
3) Cal-Maine Foods’ $48.5m acquisition of Red River Valley Egg Farm
4) The $37m acquisition of Karsten Tortilla Factory and New Mexico Food Distributors by Tattooed Chef
5) HempFusion’s acquisition of Sagely Enterprises for $30m.