Total consumer industry M&A deals worth $1.6bn were announced in Asia-Pacific in August 2021, led by JBS’s $402m acquisition of Huon Aquaculture Group, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 385.2% over the previous month of $337.99m and a drop of 29.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.32bn.
Asia-Pacific held an 11.60% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $14.14bn in August 2021. With a 3.53% share and deals worth $498.89m, Australia was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 38 deals during August 2021, marking an increase of 111.11% over the previous month and a rise of 8.57% over the 12-month average. China recorded eight deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry M&A deals in August 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 75.5% of the overall value during August 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $1.24bn, against the overall value of $1.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry M&A deals of August 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) JBS $402m acquisition deal with Huon Aquaculture Group
2) The $266.16m acquisition of 7% stake in HengTen Networks Group by Water Lily Investment
3) CCI International Holland $252.28m acquisition deal for 57.1% stake in Coca-Cola Bottlers Uzbekistan
4) The $231.53m acquisition of 22.99% stake in Guangdong Homa Appliances by TCL Home Appliances Group
5) BWX $89m acquisition of 50.1% stake in Go-To Skincare