Total consumer industry M&A deals worth $373.6m were announced in Europe in April 2022, led by Helen of Troy Corporate’s $150m acquisition of Recipe Products, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 171.5% over the previous month of $137.61m and a drop of 90.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $3.85bn.
Europe held a 12.21% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $3.06bn in April 2022. With a 7.39% share and deals worth $226.21m, the UK was the top country in Europe’s M&A deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Europe recorded 38 deals during April 2022, marking a decrease of 7.32% over the previous month and a drop of 26.92% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded ten deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry M&A deals in April 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 84.05% of the overall value during April 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $314.05m, against the overall value of $373.6m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry M&A deals of April 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Helen of Troy Corporate $150m acquisition deal with Recipe Products
2) The $105.91m acquisition of Phytocann Holdings by Halo Collective
3) Luxottica Group $31.98m acquisition deal for 90.9% stake in Giorgio Fedon & Figli
4) The $22.13m acquisition of Go Superfoods by Humble Group
5) Online Brands Nordic $4.04m acquisition deal with Nordic KidsWear