Total consumer industry M&A deals worth $4bn were announced in Europe in April 2021, led by Daniel Ek’s $2.5bn acquisition of Arsenal FC , according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 959.05% over the previous month of $375.81m and a rise of 132.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.71bn.
Europe held a 17.86% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $22.29bn in April 2021. With an 11.66% share and deals worth $2.6bn, the UK was the top country in Europe’s M&A deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Europe recorded 40 deals during April 2021, marking a decrease of 46.67% over the previous month and a drop of 27.27% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded 14 deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry M&A deals in April 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 96.6% of the overall value during April 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $3.84bn, against the overall value of $4bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry M&A deals of April 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Daniel Ek $2.5bn acquisition deal with Arsenal FC
2) The $934m acquisition of SECNA Natural Ingredients Group by Chr. Hansen Natural Colors
3) S.A.U and Lopesan Touristik $221.34m acquisition deal with IFA Hotel & Touristik
4) The $97.77m asset transaction of by Legal & General Investment Management
5) Delphine $89.55m acquisition deal with TOD’S France