Total consumer industry M&A deals worth $605.77m were announced in Asia-Pacific in March 2021, led by GL Mountrose Investment Two’s $169m acquisition of Hutchison Whampoa Guangzhou Baiyunshan Chinese MedicineLimited, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 67.3% over the previous month of $1.85bn and a drop of 78.3% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.79bn.
Asia-Pacific held an 18.19% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $3.33bn in March 2021. With an 8.33% share and deals worth $277.54m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 46 deals during March 2021, marking a decrease of 16.36% over the previous month and a rise of 2.22% over the 12-month average. China recorded 12 deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry M&A deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 81.5% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $493.74m, against the overall value of $605.77m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry M&A deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) GL Mountrose Investment Two’s $169m acquisition of Hutchison Whampoa Guangzhou Baiyunshan Chinese MedicineLimited
2) The $130.79m acquisition of McPherson’s by Gallin
3) Shanghai Bacchus Wine Industry’s $68.75m acquisition of Shanghai Mogong Industry
4) The $66.2m acquisition of Junglee Games IndiaLtd. by Flutter Entertainment
5) Seeka’s acquisition of Opotiki Packing and Coolstorage for $59m.