Total consumer industry M&A deals worth $771.5m were announced in Asia-Pacific in May 2022, led by China Mengniu Dairy’s $241.25m acquisition of Inner 20% stake in Mongolia Mengniu Dairy (Group), according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 83% over the previous month of $421.65m and a drop of 53.8% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.67bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 3.82% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $20.2bn in May 2022. With a 3.09% share and deals worth $623.53m, China was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 24 deals during May 2022, marking a decrease of 29.41% over the previous month and a drop of 35.14% over the 12-month average. China recorded eight deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry M&A deals in May 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 84.6% of the overall value during May 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $652.52m, against the overall value of $771.5m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry M&A deals of May 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) China Mengniu Dairy $241.25m acquisition deal for 20% stake in Inner Mongolia Mengniu Dairy (Group)
2) The $181.42m acquisition of 25% stake in Yashili International Holdings by China Mengniu Dairy
3) Danone $131.18m acquisition deal with Dumex Baby Food
4) The $49.84m acquisition of 47.73% stake in Barrel by The Nature Holdings
5) My Dna Life Australia $48.84m acquisition deal for 80% stake with Australian Life Tech