Total consumer industry M&A deals worth $960.4m were announced in Asia-Pacific in January 2022, led by Hornblower Cruises and Events‘ $600m acquisition of Journey Beyond, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 99.2% over the previous month of $482.23m and a drop of 27.2% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.32bn.
Asia-Pacific held a 29.73% share of the global consumer industry M&A deal value that totalled $3.23bn in January 2022. With an 18.60% share and deals worth $600.69m, Australia was the top country in Asia-Pacific’s M&A deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of M&A deal activity, Asia-Pacific recorded 39 deals during January 2022, marking a decrease of 17.02% over the previous month and a rise of 8.33% over the 12-month average. India recorded ten deals during the month.
Asia-Pacific consumer industry M&A deals in January 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry M&A deals accounted for 97.1% of the overall value during January 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer deals stood at $932.7m, against the overall value of $960.4m recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry M&A deals of January 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Hornblower Cruises and Events $600m acquisition deal with Journey Beyond
2) The $200m acquisition of Lifelong Online Retail by Thras.io
3) Fresh Easy $83m acquisition deal with Tasty9
4) The $37.52m acquisition of Organic Harvest by Sanghvi Beauty & Technologies
5) Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail $12.18m acquisition of 51% stake in House of Masaba