Total consumer industry private equity deals worth $1.3bn were announced globally in March 2022, with Miami Investment Fund’ $375m private equity deal with Trump International Hotel Washington DC being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 84.6% over the previous month of $8.31bn and a drop of 83.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $7.66bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $801m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $801m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry private equity deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in March 2022 was the US with 18 deals, followed by the UK with seven and Japan with three.
In 2022, as of March, consumer private equity deals worth $10.86bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 69.2% year on year.
consumer industry private equity deals in March 2022: Top deals
The top five consumer industry private equity deals accounted for 93.05% of the overall value during March 2022.
The combined value of the top five consumer private equity deals stood at $1.19bn, against the overall value of $1.3bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry private equity deals of March 2022 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Miami Investment Fund $375m private equity deal with Trump International Hotel Washington DC
2) The $355m private equity of iFIT Health & Fitness by L Catterton
3) Korea Wide Partners $249m private equity deal with Mirae Paper and Mirae Well Life
4) The $164m private equity of Diageo by Bayside PE and Metis Investment
5) Brookfield Asset Management $45.89m private equity deal with Benson Elliot Capital Management