Total consumer industry private equity deals worth $18.34bn were announced globally in March 2021, with The Blackstone Group’ $6.2bn private equity deal being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 58.7% over the previous month of $11.56bn and a rise of 405.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $3.63bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $6.96bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $6.85bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry private equity deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in March 2021 was the US with 16 deals, followed by the UK with five and France with four.
In 2021, as of March, consumer private equity deals worth $34.68bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 235.5% year on year.
consumer industry private equity deals in March 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry private equity deals accounted for 98.03% of the overall value during March 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer private equity deals stood at $17.98bn, against the overall value of $18.34bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry private equity deals of March 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts
2) The $6bn private equity deal with Extended Stay America by Blackstone Capital Partners and Starwood Capital Group
3) Hillhouse Capital Group’ $4.38bn private equity deal with Philips Domestic Appliances Holding
4) The $850m private equity deal with Aryzta by Lindsay Goldberg
5) Blackstone Group Holdings’ private equity deal with Kintetsu Group Holdings for $550.2m.