Led by CVC Capital Partners (Luxembourg)’s $647m private equity deal with Ebro Foods, total consumer industry private equity deals worth $2.6bn were announced in Europe in July 2021, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 281.8% over the previous month of $675.84m and a rise of 77.9% when compared with the last 12-month average of $1.45bn.
Europe held a 53.97% share of the global consumer industry private equity deal value that totalled $4.78bn in July 2021. With a 24.48% share and deals worth $1.17bn, Spain was the top country in Europe’s private equity deal value across consumer industry.
In terms of private equity deal activity, Europe recorded 27 deals during July 2021, marking an increase of 28.57% over the previous month and a rise of 28.57% over the 12-month average. The UK recorded seven deals during the month.
Europe consumer industry private equity deals in July 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry private equity deals accounted for 86.5% of the overall value during July 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer private equity deals stood at $2.23bn, against the overall value of $2.6bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry private equity deals of July 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Ebro Foods $647m private equity deal with CVC Capital Partners (Luxembourg)
2) The $590.21m private equity of 60% stake in Etro by L Catterton Management
3) Selenta Hospitality Group $519.99m private equity deal with Brookfield Asset Management
4) The $177.07m private equity of Jimmy Fairly (France) by HLD Group
5) Maxbet Romania $296.95m private equity deal with Novalpina Capital