Total consumer private equity deals worth $34.68bn were announced globally in Q1 2021, with The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn deal with Crown Resorts’ being biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 299.5% over the previous quarter and a rise of 284.05% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $9.03bn.
Comparing private equity deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $13.62bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $13.56bn.
In terms of volumes, Europe emerged as the top region for consumer industry private equity deals globally, followed by North America and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in Q1 2021 the US with 52 deals, followed by the UK with 22 and France with 13.
In 2021, at the end of , private equity deals worth $34.68bn were announced globally across the consumer industry, marking an increase of 235.5% year on year.
private equity deals in consumer industry in Q1 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry private equity deals accounted for a 74.04% share of the overall value during Q1 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer private equity deals stood at $25.68bn, against the overall value of $34.68bn recorded for the quarter.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) The Blackstone Group’s $6.2bn private equity deal with Crown Resorts
2) The $6bn private equity deal with Extended Stay America by Blackstone Capital Partners and Starwood Capital Group
3) Financiere Agache and L Catterton’s $4.8bn private equity deal with Birkenstock Orthopadie GmbHKG
4) The $4.38bn private equity deal with Philips Domestic Appliances Holding by Hillhouse Capital Group
5) Metropoulos and One Rock Capital Partners’ private equity with Nestle Waters North America for $4.3bn.
Visit our ‘Retail Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the retail industry.