Total consumer industry private equity deals worth $3bn were announced globally in June 2021, with Primavera Capital Group’s $2.2bn private equity deal for 92% Stake in Reckitt Benckiser Group being the sector’s biggest investment, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the image source into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 26.5% over the previous month of $4.07bn and a drop of 39.2% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $4.92bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2.32bn. At the country level, the China topped the list in terms of deal value at $2.2bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry private equity deals globally, followed by Europe and then Asia-Pacific.
The top country in terms of private equity deals activity in June 2021 was the US with 20 deals, followed by the UK with seven and Japan with four.
In 2021, as of June, consumer private equity deals worth $42.74bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 119.1% year on year.
consumer industry private equity deals in June 2021: Top deals
The top five consumer industry private equity deals accounted for 97.5% of the overall value during June 2021.
The combined value of the top five consumer private equity deals stood at $2.92bn, against the overall value of $3bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry private equity deals of June 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Primavera Capital Group’s $2.2bn private equity deal for 92% Stake in Reckitt Benckiser Group
2) The $276m private equity deal with Sharps Bedrooms by Epiris Fund II
3) Ares Management’ $215.96m private equity deal for 33.96% stake in Atletico HoldCo
4) The $162.23m private equity deal with Dorsett Hospitality (UK) and Mazuma by Cerberus Capital Management and Highgate Hotels
5) Quadria Capital Investment Management’s private equity deal with Nobel HygieneLtd. for $66.55m.