Total consumer industry venture financing deals in December 2020 worth $1.57bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 20.5% over the previous month and a drop of 12.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.8bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Europe held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $562.78m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $490.2m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in December 2020 was China with 53 deals, followed by the US with 52 and the UK with nine.
In 2020, as of the end of December 2020, consumer venture financing deals worth $21.21bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 11.2% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in December 2020: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 32.2% of the overall value during December 2020.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $507.32m, against the overall value of $1.57bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of December 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) D1 Capital Partners and Darsana Capital Partners’ $182.28m venture financing of Bolt Technology
2) The $150m venture financing of Function of Beauty by L Catterton Partners
3) GeniLink Capital, Huasai Fund, Huazhi Capital, Ideate Investments, Renmin Pudong Investment, SAIF Partners China, Shanghai Liangji Industrial, Shanghai Science & Technology Investment, Shanghai Strategy Fund, Shanghai Zhangjiang Technology Venture Capital, Shenli Investment, Youkai Investment and Zhangjiang Torch Venture Capital’s $78.75m venture financing of 1 Pharmacy Yaofang Technology (Shanghai)
4) The $50.49m venture financing of Shanghai Bruker Technology Group by Gaorong Capital, Legend Capital and Source Code Capital
5) Alibaba Group Holding and Contemporary Amperex Technology’s venture financing of Xiangdao Chuxing for $45.8m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.