Total consumer industry venture financing deals in February 2020 worth $1.24bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 30.8% over the previous month and a drop of 40.4% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $2.07bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $567m. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $555.31m.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in February 2020 was the US with 56 deals, followed by China with 18 and India with 16.
In 2020, as of the end of February 2020, consumer venture financing deals worth $3.02bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 32.8% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in February 2020: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 26.5% of the overall value during February 2020.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $327.3m, against the overall value of $1.24bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of February 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) SoftBank Vision Fund’s $150m venture financing of BrainBees Solutions
2) The $65m venture financing of CHRONEXT Service Germany by Capnamic Ventures Management, Endeit Capital, NRW.Bank, Octopus Ventures, Partech Ventures, Slingshot Ventures and Tengelmann Ventures
3) CMS Capital, GF Investments, GF Qianhe Investment and Guanghua Venture Capital’s $40.5m venture financing of Cyagen Biosciences (Guangzhou)
4) The $40m venture financing of Trendsutra Platform Services by Pidilite Industries
5) Mekong Capital’s venture financing of Pharmacity Pharmacy for $31.8m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.