Total consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2019 worth $2.66bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 60.5% over the previous month and a rise of 64.7% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.62bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, North America held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.07bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $1.07bn.
In terms of volumes, North America emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Asia-Pacific and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in July 2019 was the US with 84 deals, followed by China with 38 and India with 18.
In 2019, as of the end of July 2019, consumer venture financing deals worth $13.56bn were announced globally, marking an increase of 73.8% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in July 2019: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 52.7% of the overall value during July 2019.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.4bn, against the overall value of $2.66bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of July 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Daimler, European Investment Bank, General Atlantic, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures Adviser, Permira Holdings, Silver Lake Partners and TCMI’s $560.88m venture financing of FlixMobility
2) The $300m venture financing of Bird Rides by Sequoia Capital Operations
3) SoftBank Group’s $250m venture financing of Ola Electric Mobility
4) The $225m venture financing of Sonder by A-ROD, Atreides Capital, Fidelity National Information Services, Greenoaks Capital Management, Greylock Partners, iiNovia Capital, Real Ventures, ScaleUP Ventures, Spark Capital, Structure Capital, Tao Capital Partners, Valor Equity Partners and Westcap Mgt.
5) Creandum, G Squared, Naya Capital Management, NordicNinja VC and Superangel’s venture financing of Taxify for $67.35m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.