Total consumer industry venture financing deals in June 2020 worth $2.17bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 36.6% over the previous month and a rise of 14.3% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.9bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $1.44bn. At the country level, China topped the list in terms of deal value at $824.42m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in June 2020 was the US with 45 deals, followed by China with 27 and India with 23.
In 2020, as of the end of June 2020, consumer venture financing deals worth $10.27bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 9% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in June 2020: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 31.01% of the overall value during June 2020.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $673.14m, against the overall value of $2.17bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of June 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) D1 Capital Partners, DST Global and General Catalyst Partners’ $225m venture financing of Maplebear
2) The $170m venture financing of sonder by Atreides Management, Fidelity Investments, Greenoaks Capital Management, Greylock Partners, iNovia Capital, Lennar, Spark Capital, Tao Capital Partners, Valor Equity Management and Westcap Mgt.
3) Shenzhen Capital Group’s $100m venture financing of Nayuki
4) The $96.74m venture financing of Ningbo Xiaolinggou Travel Technology by Hangzhou Projoy Technology and Ningbo Yincheng Group
5) Cygnus Equity, GGV Capital, INCE Capital, Joy Capital and Qiming Venture Partners’ venture financing of Nice Tuan for $81.4m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Retail Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the retail industry.