Total consumer industry venture financing deals in November 2020 worth $1.13bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked a decrease of 54.9% over the previous month and a drop of 35.6% when compared with the last 12-month average, which stood at $1.75bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $827.22m. At the country level, China topped the list in terms of deal value at $528.91m.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by Europe and then North America.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in November 2020 was China with 23 deals, followed by India with 23 and the US with 22.
In 2020, as of the end of November 2020, consumer venture financing deals worth $19.09bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 13.3% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in November 2020: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 51.3% of the overall value during November 2020.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $578.66m, against the overall value of $1.13bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of November 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) DST Global, Exor Seeds, Moore Strategic Ventures and Unbound’s $200m venture financing of Cars24 Service
2) The $196m venture financing of Nice Tuan by Alibaba Group Holding, CDH Investments Fund Management, China Capital Investment Group, Cygnus Equity, GGV Capital, INCE Capital, Jeneration Capital, Joy Capital, Kunlun Capital and Qiming Venture Partners
3) SIG-China’s $76.05m venture financing of Chengdu Quanyuantang Pharmacy Chain
4) The $53.31m venture financing of Shanghai Youcui Biotechnology by Cathay Capital Private Equity
5) Cathay Capital’s venture financing of NZ Skincare Cosmetics for $53.31m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.
Visit our ‘Retail Deals Dashboard’ for the latest trends in M&A, PE, and VC activity, top deals and advisory league tables in the retail industry.