Total consumer industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020 worth $5.7bn were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
- Embed this chart
Embed this chart into your website
Copy and paste the code below into your website to display the chart.
The value marked an increase of 10.6% over the previous quarter and a drop of 0.8% when compared with the last four-quarter average, which stood at $5.76bn.
Comparing deals value in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position, with total announced deals in the period worth $2.49bn. At the country level, the US topped the list in terms of deal value at $2.41bn.
In terms of volumes, Asia-Pacific emerged as the top region for consumer industry venture financing deals globally, followed by North America and then Europe.
The top country in terms of venture financing deals activity in Q3 2020 was the US with 149 deals, followed by China with 82 and India with 40.
In 2020, as of the end of Q3 2020, consumer venture financing deals worth $16.09bn were announced globally, marking a decrease of 13.2% year on year.
Consumer industry venture financing deals in Q3 2020: Top deals
The top five consumer industry venture financing deals accounted for 30.8% of the overall value during Q3 2020.
The combined value of the top five consumer venture financing deals stood at $1.75bn, against the overall value of $5.7bn recorded for the month.
The top five consumer industry deals of Q3 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
1) Abu Dhabi Capital Group, CICC Capital ManagementLimited, Goldman Sachs & Co, ICBC International Capital, Suzhou Changshu Government Industry Fund, Tencent Holdings and Tiger Global Management’s $495m venture financing of Beijing Missfresh E-Commerce
2) The $358.28m venture financing of Yipin Fresh by Capital Today, Eastern Bell Capital and Tencent Holdings
3) Fidelity Capital Investors, Franklin Templeton Investments, Neuberger Berman and Thrive Capital’s $350m venture financing of Fanatics
4) The $300m venture financing of Chongqing Jiangxiaobai Liquor by Baillie Gifford &, China Merchants Bank International Capital and China Renaissance Holdings
5) East Ventures, FWD Group, GIC, Qatar Investment Authority and Siam Commercial Bank’s venture financing of Traveloka Group of Companies for $250m.
Verdict deals analysis methodology
This analysis considers only announced and completed deals from the GlobalData financial deals database and excludes all terminated and rumoured deals. Country and industry are defined according to the headquarters and dominant industry of the target firm. The term ‘acquisition’ refers to both completed deals and those in the bidding stage.
GlobalData tracks real-time data concerning all merger and acquisition, private equity/venture capital and asset transaction activity around the world from thousands of company websites and other reliable sources.
More in-depth reports and analysis on all reported deals are available for subscribers to GlobalData’s deals database.